[bestbits] Mid-year IG review -- what do you think?

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Mon Jul 31 10:40:11 EDT 2017

Thanks for sharing again Ginger,

Have gone through Jovan report I think for me in "my neck of the woods: the
following are very important to us
Content policy, fake news, and violent extremism contentEncryption:
security and privacy

*Cyber Security*

*Big Data*

I feel within the global lanscape the report gives a true pictuyre of
relative stuff to look at with the IG space, however based on region to
region some do mattrer more to some than others.

Again I have ranked it from within my own Neck of the woods in the other
written and it will vary regional and at contry level too.  Good analysis.

Kind Regards

Poncelet

On 31 July 2017 at 14:18, Ginger Paque <gpaque at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're already preparing for the IGF2017... I found this to be a good way
> to get the big picture for my topic planning, and you might find it
> interesting as well: Jovan Kurbalija (Diplo) has just published the mid-
> year review of digital policy trends, revisiting the predictions made in
> the beginning of the year, and predicting what we can expect until the
> end of the year.
>
> https://www.diplomacy.edu/blog/ten-major-trends-internet-governance-2017-
> mid-year-review
>

> This might be a good place to reflect on how the trends affect our own
> country/region, or on the relevance of trends in IG policy that we should
> keep on our radar?
>
> Cheers, Ginger
>
> Virginia Paque
> DiploFoundation
>
> *Upcoming courses: * Master in Contemporary Diplomacy; Education
> Diplomacy; Consular and Diaspora Diplomacy; Cybersecurity; Development
> Diplomacy; Economic Diplomacy; Language and Diplomacy http://www.
> diplomacy.edu/courses
> <http://diplomacy.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=89e7299f9fe54eed66d45cf3d&id=4c5460f299&e=bc0aff4eba>
> <http://diplomacy.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=89e7299f9fe54eed66d45cf3d&id=26d5253c70&e=bc0aff4eba>
> * <http://www.diplomacy.edu/courses>*

> <#m_4349187370516692139_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
Coordinator
The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
MDI Road Kanifing South
P. O. Box 421 Banjul
The Gambia, West Africa
Tel: (220) 4370240