[bestbits] Accountability group puts Google in same league as big oil and big tobacco

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Jul 17 00:50:34 EDT 2017

On Friday 14 July 2017 01:32 AM, James Gannon wrote:

> Agree on the final point for sure and 100% on transparency.

Sure, everybody is for 100 % transparency, but then only till we
actually begin to talk what that means.

So let me ask you, James, what would the 100% transparency be that you
agree with..... Like civil society groups should disclose their funding
(unless compelling circumstances which makes is counter-productive can
be proved)? This is a long history of that discussion in the matter of
formation and governance of this very group bestbits. Maybe you can
contribute to it. Look forward to hearing your response.
parminder