[bestbits] [governance] Second WGEC meeting26-27 January 2017, Geneva

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 02:07:41 EST 2017

Warm greetings Wolfgang,
Thank you for this piece of your writing in 2013.
"After seven years of endless discussion — including several UN reports and consultations in New York and Geneva - the 67th UN General Assembly decided to establish another "Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation" (WGEC) to find out, what could and should be done to implement the Tunis Agenda. The WGEC operates under the UNCSTD. It has about 40 members with 15 coming from the private sector, technical community and civil society. It started its work in May 2013. As a first step it did send out a questionnaire with 18 questions."

There was commentary in this thread in line of interest in a UN body for the Internet (semblance to UNESCO for Education) - might this be the language that Governments are used to/understand considering what is public policy/administration today.Yet on the other hand, the Internet Governance drives for multistakeholderism - like WGEC membership.
Blessed day.
Regards/Wangari  ---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".