[bestbits] Argentina bars NGOs, civil society from attending WTO conference

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sun Dec 3 13:11:47 EST 2017

Further to this topic of civil society disaccreditation for the WTO
Ministerial... here's a TV interview which puts these developments into
context, with an IMO quite brilliant explanation (by Deborah James) of
what is going on at the WTO and why this issue of disaccreditation
matters so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR5solRTa8A

(Also see the Our World Is Not For Sale website
http://ourworldisnotforsale.net )

Nota bene, this disaccreditation issue in not about civil society being
blocked from formal participation in the substantive discourse (that
was never possible at WTO in the first place, see the Call for Openness
and Transparency in Rulemaking for the Internet in regard to that:
wto-ic.justnetcoalition.org ), but about civil society being even
denied the opportunity to meet with the decision-makers.

This is as if citizens and civil society organizations were suddenly
denied all opportunities for meeting with members of parliament, for
reasons that citizens and civil society organizations have interests
and concerns which are at odds with those of multinational corporations!

Greetings,
Norbert