[bestbits] Berkman Klein Center at Harvard Now Accepting Applications for 18-19 Fellowships

Becky Lentz roberta.lentz at mcgill.ca
Fri Dec 15 09:12:45 EST 2017

Fyi

***

Subject: [Air-L] Berkman Klein Center at Harvard Now Accepting
Applications for 18-19 Fellowships

Hello Air-L Community!

I'm the Core Program Coordinator at the Berkman Klein Center for
Internet & Society at Harvard University <https://cyber.harvard.edu/>
and we've just announced our open call for fellowship applications
<https://cyber.harvard.edu/getinvolved/fellowships/opencall20182019> for
the 2018-2019 academic year.  We're a public interest research center
and community working to explore the Internet and new digital
developments, touching a broad range of topics I know are of great
import to people in the this community.

Fellowships at the Center are opportunities for those who wish to spend
2018-2019 in residence in Cambridge, MA as part of the our vibrant
community of research and practice, and who seek to engage in
collaborative, cross-disciplinary, and cross-sectoral exploration of
some of the Internet's most important and compelling issues.

Fellows are supported in an inviting and playful intellectual
environment - we have community activities designed to foster inquiry
and risk-taking, to identify and expose common threads across fellows?
individual activities, and to bring fellows into conversation with the
faculty directors, employees, and broader community at the Berkman Klein
Center.

We invite applications from people working on a broad range of
opportunities and challenges related to Internet and society, which may
overlap with ongoing work at the Center and may expose our community to
new opportunities and approaches. We encourage applications from
scholars, practitioners, innovators, engineers, artists, and others
committed to understanding and advancing the public interest who come
from -- and have interest in -- countries industrialized or developing,
with ideas, projects, or activities in all phases on a spectrum from
incubation to reflection.

To make fellowships a possibility for as wide a range of applicants as
possible, in the 2018-2019 academic year we will award a small number of
stipends to incoming fellows. This funding is intended to support people
from communities who are underrepresented in fields related to Internet
and society, who will contribute to the diversity of the Berkman Klein
Center?s research and activities, and who have financial need.

*Applications will be accepted until Wednesday January 31, 2018 at 11:59
p.m. Eastern Time.*

I invite you to check out our full call
<https://cyber.harvard.edu/getinvolved/fellowships/opencall20182019>,
which has more information about our community activities and the
application process.  Please feel most welcome to share this info with
others who you think might have interest.  And if there are any
questions, please feel most welcome to reach out to me or Becca Tabasky,
(copied on this email) our Manager of Community Programs.

All best,
Daniel
--
Daniel Oyolu