[bestbits] Argentina deports 2 straight from Bs As airport

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 11:18:54 EST 2017

Hi

Yes, too late, too litlle, too much trouble for all of these
organizations all of this.

And Gus, that 2nd case I didn't know and it's also  emblematic.

It is as if it's threatening CSOs on what they have as most fragile:
their strategic planning.

For some of those small organizations, especially the labor ones, to
organize oneself to go to a conference as this, raise funds, go
through bureaucratic visa processes, arrange local partnerships while
remaining in contact w/ global ones, is an months, maybe an year work.
And it is all gone with the lack of accreditation and, worse thing,
qualifying the organization as a a bad faith character, as it was in
the official government press release.

Would be interesting to envisage a collective lawsuit for damages
against the Argentina authorities.
I am sure the citizens would jump in to join.

Best,

Renata