[bestbits] Navigating Human Rights in the Digital Environment: second installment (ICDPPC) publication

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Tue Aug 29 06:35:08 EDT 2017

Dear all,

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the first installment of the
Navigating Human Rights in the Digital Environment series. We are pleased
to launch the second of tools in this series! The second installment
focuses on the International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy
Commissioners (ICDPPC), this year hosted by the Hong Kong Data Protection
Authority, September 25-29. A huge thanks to Fanny Hidvégi, Access Now, who
co-authored the brief.

The second tool shows how the ICDPPC works, who the different actors and
stakeholders are, and when, where and how to engage within it on digital
issues. The tool also identifies two overarching aims for human rights
defenders and how they can be achieved, both in preparation for this year's
conference and for the next edition in Brussels next year.

You can find it here:
*http://www.gp-digital.org/publication/navigating-human-rights-in-the-digital-environment-the-icdppc/
<http://www.gp-digital.org/publication/navigating-human-rights-in-the-digital-environment-the-g20/>*
Please do feel free to share with your networks. We also strongly welcome
your feedback!*
<http://www.gp-digital.org/publication/navigating-human-rights-in-the-digital-environment-the-g20/>*

Best
Sheetal.

On 9 June 2017 at 15:39, Sheetal Kumar <sheetal at gp-digital.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> GPD is pleased to launch the first in a series of tools designed to help
> civil society advocates engage effectively in three key policy forums.
>
> The first tool in the series focuses on the Group of Twenty (or G20)
> process, showing how it works, who the different actors and stakeholders
> are, and when, where and how to engage within it on digital issues. The
> tool also identifies three specific advocacy goals for human rights
> defenders over the next 18 months, and shows how they can be
> achieved. Download it *here.
> <http://www.gp-digital.org/publication/navigating-human-rights-in-the-digital-environment-the-g20/>*
>
> Or you can access the direct link here: http://www.gp-digital.org/wp-
> content/uploads/2017/06/navigatingtheG20.pdf
> *
> <http://www.gp-digital.org/publication/navigating-human-rights-in-the-digital-environment-the-g20/>*
>
> In the coming months, we’ll also be publishing tools focusing on the
> International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners and
> the Human Rights Council.
>
> Please do feel free to share with your networks. We also strongly welcome
> your feedback!
> *
> <http://www.gp-digital.org/publication/navigating-human-rights-in-the-digital-environment-the-g20/>*
> Best
>
> Sheetal.
>
> --
> *Sheetal Kumar*
> Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
> Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
> T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258 0337| M: +44 (0)7739569514 <+44%207739%20569514>

*Sheetal Kumar*
Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258 0337| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |
PGP ID: AAEDBF8AFE87EF53  | PGP Fingerprint: 9CD3 46A5 21A1 DFD9 FDD0 457D
AAED BF8A FE87 EF53 |