[bestbits] SC Candidate SOI: A few ideas for Bestbits

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 10:19:38 EDT 2017

Hello

Jeremy, thanks for setting up the process of the new Bestbits SC

All our bios are on the link for voting members received

But I thought, as a statement of interest, I'd send a few ideas for
the Steering Committee's actions in the future.

After reading the previous SC meeting minutes, it became clearer to me
the nature of Bestbits and the potential for some actions

* An advocacy platform for IG - there are so many groups and issues in
IG today, Bestbits can help visualize what these groups advocate and
be an important ally on moving issues forward. For that, a more
intense use of the statements space can be encouraged and liasons to
other groups can be very adequate for this

* Periodical meetings - Bestbits has done onsite meetings in annual
basis and occasional informal meetings. It is possible to extend this
activity with online strategy and discussion meetings as well as
repositioning the community as an actor in the calendar of internet
governance events where civil society can have a voice.

I hope these are good ideas to start with and certainly it would be
great to hear more and continue collaboration moving forward.

Thanks

Renata Aquino Ribeiro