[bestbits] Steering committee nomination process: NOMINATE NOW

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Wed Aug 16 16:34:15 EDT 2017

On 4/8/17 2:08 pm, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> The procedure and the associated deadlines will be as follows:
>
>   * If you are interested in running for a position in the new
>     steering committee, please forward the following details to me
>     personally by *14 August 2017 *(you may cc the list, but you don't
>     have to).  ...
>   * If at least 5 nominations are received, I will proceed to set up
>     an online election and distribute voting tokens to all those have
>     been subscribed to the list for 2 months prior to the election
>     being called.  The voting tokens will be distributed on *21 August
>     2017*.

Nominations were received from Renata Aquino, Nighat Dad, Antonella
Perini, and Poncelet Ileleji.  There was an enquiry from a fifth person
about nominating, but due to some ambiguity over whether their
organization would be accepted as civil society, they declined to nominate.

This does, however, mean that we did not receive the minimum of five
nominations needed in order to run an election process.  Does anyone
else wish to run?  I'll also be reaching back out to the other person
who enquired, in case they wish to reconsider putting themselves forward.

Otherwise, maybe we can just draw upon the nominees as volunteers
without actually electing a steering committee?

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2016/11/27/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: 75D2 4C0D 35EA EA2F 8CA8 8F79 4911 EC4A EDDF 1122