[bestbits] [Internet Policy] Fwd: Preparing for the End of Consumer Society

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at riseup.net
Thu Nov 24 17:13:12 EST 2016

Dear Brandt,

i thank you very much for your fantastic response. Independent, that you
think, it will be a little "Off Topic".

"... as I doubt you are suggesting the Internet Society should devote
itself to global revolution".

Never this is my goal. This have two causes:
- Never we can move people to any social actions. This in principle have
to come from the people itself, based on her experience, understanding
and perspectives. I act in principle for autonomous subjects in all
spheres of her/our life.
- evolution and revolution
For me, this is a dialectical sisterpair. Our basic activities are
always evolutionary. This means, we act on step by step. We know, that
every evolution is not a smooth function. It consist on steps. The
ripening (die Reifung).
But if we are blocked on our evolutionary way, we change to the
revolutionary action. We destroy or dissolve the blockade. Then, if we
have the free way or space, we switch back to the evolutionary activities.

This understanding is for me central. And we see in our history the lack
of understanding.

We can say, the strong neo-liberalism reorganisation of so many
societies is this revolutionary activity in his specific direction. And
now the people are totally confused.

But we should always be clear, that all our discussion, reflection,
study, design and constructions are evolutionary activities. There is no
jump to an higher level possible as to go step by step.

with many thanks and greetings, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay