[bestbits] Time sensitive: Nominations for IGF closing and opening speakers by COB 07 November

Mishi Choudhary mishi at softwarefreedom.org
Mon Nov 7 13:27:51 EST 2016

+1 for Paulina.

On 11/07/2016 01:12 PM, Claudio Ruiz wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I would like to nominate Paulina GutiƩrrez, from Article 19 office in
> Mexico. Paulina is the Head of Digital Rights Programme at the Mexico
> office, she's a lawyer and she's an active actor within the mexican
> civil society on human rights and internet.
>
> Paulina is a great name for us here at Derechos Digitales, and we would
> like to point out the importance of having a local activists speaking as
> well as having a proper gender balance on the table.
>
> All the best,
> Claudio
>

> On Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 05:48 AM, Sheetal Kumar wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> A reminder that the deadline for nominations for CS speakers for the
>> opening and closing ceremonies should be sent to myself/Poncelet by
>> _*COB today 07 November*_. We would encourage you to do this openly,
>> (e.g replying to the entire list thread with your nomination), but
>> either way the deadline is today. Thanks!
>> Best,
>> Sheetal.
>>
>> On 5 November 2016 at 14:39, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net
>> <mailto:parminder at itforchange.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     In keeping with the sentiment to keep CS nominations processes
>>     open, it will be a good start to make this process fully open -
>>     which begins with making all application info open (best to tell
>>     applicants at this stage itself) and also the process of final
>>     selection, including justifications etc... thanks, parminder
>>

>>     On Friday 04 November 2016 07:54 PM, Sheetal Kumar wrote:
>>>     Dear all,
>>>
>>>     If you would like tonominate anyone (including yourself) as an
>>>     opening or closing civil society speaker at this year's IGF in
>>>     Guadalajara, Mexico (December 06-09), please send Poncelet (cc'd)
>>>     and I or the list your nomination with a short statement of the
>>>     reason for thenomination, and whether the person (if not
>>>     yourself) has agreed to benominated.
>>>
>>>     TheIGF the Secretariat has asked for names by *COB Thursday 10
>>>     November*, - therefore we ask that you send yournominations
>>>     by_*COB 07 November*_.
>>>
>>>     Any nominations given will be briefly discussed among the civil
>>>     society coordination group (which contains reps of all the main
>>>     civil society networks in Internet governance, including us).
>>>     Thanks! Any questions let us know,
>>>
>>>     Best,
>>>     --
>>>
>>>     *Sheetal Kumar*
>>>     Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
>>>     Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
>>>     T: +44 (0)203 818 3258 0337| M: +44 (0)7739569514
>>>     <tel:%2B44%20%280%297739569514>  |

>> --
>> **
>> **
>> *Sheetal Kumar*
>> Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
>> Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
>> T: +44 (0)203 818 3258 0337| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |
>

>  ~~~~~
> [...]

Warm Regards
Mishi Choudhary, Esq.
Legal Director
Software Freedom Law Center
1995 Broadway Floor 17| New York, NY-10023
Direct: +1-212-461-1912| Main: +1-212-461-1901| Fax: +1-212-580-0898
www.softwarefreedom.org

President and Executive Director
SFLC.IN
K-9, Second Floor, Jangpura Extn.| New Delhi-110014
Main: +91-11-43587126 | Fax: +91-11-24323530
www.sflc.in

The information contained in this email message is intended only for use
of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to
deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
immediately notify us by email, help at softwarefreedom.org, and destroy
the original message.