[bestbits] Time sensitive: Nominations for IGF closing and opening speakers by COB 07 November

Claudio Ruiz claudio at derechosdigitales.org
Mon Nov 7 13:12:52 EST 2016

Dear colleagues,

I would like to nominate Paulina GutiƩrrez, from Article 19 office in
Mexico. Paulina is the Head of Digital Rights Programme at the Mexico
office, she's a lawyer and she's an active actor within the mexican
civil society on human rights and internet.

Paulina is a great name for us here at Derechos Digitales, and we would
like to point out the importance of having a local activists speaking as
well as having a proper gender balance on the table.

All the best,
Claudio

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 05:48 AM, Sheetal Kumar wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> A reminder that the deadline for nominations for CS speakers for the
> opening and closing ceremonies should be sent to myself/Poncelet by
> _*COB today 07 November*_. We would encourage you to do this openly,
> (e.g replying to the entire list thread with your nomination), but
> either way the deadline is today. Thanks!
> Best,
> Sheetal.
>
> On 5 November 2016 at 14:39, parminder
> <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
>> In keeping with the sentiment to keep CS nominations processes open,
>> it will be a good start to make this process fully open - which
>> begins with making all application info open (best to tell applicants
>> at this stage itself) and also the process of final selection,
>> including justifications etc... thanks, parminder
>>
>> On Friday 04 November 2016 07:54 PM, Sheetal Kumar wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> If you would like tonominate anyone (including yourself) as an
>>> opening or closing civil society speaker at this year's IGF in
>>> Guadalajara, Mexico (December 06-09), please send Poncelet (cc'd)
>>> and I or the list your nomination with a short statement of the
>>> reason for the nomination, and whether the person (if not yourself)
>>> has agreed to be nominated.
>>>
>>> TheIGF the Secretariat has asked for names by *COB Thursday 10
>>> November*, - therefore we ask that you send your nominations by
>>> _*COB 07 November*_.
>>>
>>>  Any nominations given will be briefly discussed among the civil
>>>  society coordination group (which contains reps of all the main
>>>  civil society networks in Internet governance, including us).
>>> Thanks! Any questions let us know,
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> --
>>>
>>> *Sheetal Kumar*
>>> Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
>>> Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
>>> T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258 0337| M: +44 (0)7739569514[1]  |

> **
> **
> *Sheetal Kumar*
> Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
> Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
> T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258 0337| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |

 ~~~~~
Claudio Ruiz
derechosdigitales.org | @claudio
PGP fingerprint
C40E 0C6E E7B2 FA91 D8A9 1FC4 74D2 5C4D B603 D089

Links:

  1. tel:%2B44%20%280%297739569514