[bestbits] [JNC - Forum] Fwd: [IGFmaglist] IGF Retreat Participants

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 07:17:16 EDT 2016

Try National/Regional initiatives (NRI) - an umbrella term created to cover
the national and regional internet governance forums.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a world without acronyms?
Deirdre

On 25 June 2016 at 06:39, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:

> As I had to do an Internet search to figure out the meaning of this
> acronym, let me share what I found, since I'm surely not the only one
> to have been ignorant of the fact that "NRI" stands for "Non-Resident
> Indians", i.e. people from India who live outside India.
>
> Greetings,
> Norbert
>

> On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 09:21:00 +0000
> Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > Abdeldjalil, it is great to know this. NRIs in developing countries
> > have a major part to play in IGF's future, it can not be different.
> > Best
> > Renata
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 7:45 PM, Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong bachar at igf.td
> > wrote: Hello Renata
> > I Fully agree with You ; So during our last meeting Of NRI with IGF
> > SECREATARIAT i recommande to have a remote participation ;
> > Thanks
> >
> > Cordialement ---------------------------- Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong
> > Le Secrétaire Exécutif
> > Forum sur la Gouvernance de l'Internet au Tchad (FGI Tchad) ------
> > ---------------------------- The Executive Secretary
> > Internet Governance Forum (IGF Chad)
> > E-mail1: Bachar at igf.td E-mail2: info at igf.td Website: www.igf.td
> > Twitter :IGFCHAD
> >

> > On ven., juin 24, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Renata Aquino Ribeiro
> > <raquino at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear all
> > On May 26, I drafted this letter asking for remote participation and
> > shared with MAG CS As retreat nomination period followed, some MAG CS
> > made this ask to Secretariat directly
> > Perhaps it is time to revisit the idea
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M3L90bHNv1QzCboqadwd13Qwcxyd2hv5VamBeAUghL8/edit?usp=sharing
> > Best,
> > Renata

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979