[bestbits] Call for nominations for IGF 2016 MAG

Nadira Alaraj nadira.araj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 07:28:20 EST 2016

Dear All,

By now, you've read the call for nominations for IGF 2016 MAG which is
going to be available by Feb 1st, 2016.
Here is the online submission template:*
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2016/index.php/MAG/nomination
<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2016/index.php/MAG/nomination>*

I copied from the intgovforum.org page of this call the

*"Selection and Operation Principles:*

(i) MAG members are selected to achieve a balance among all stakeholder
groups, while retaining regional and gender representation, according to
established procedures.

(ii) All MAG members serve in their personal capacity, but are expected to
have extensive linkages with their respective stakeholder groups.

(iii) The main task of MAG is to provide advice on the programme and main
themes of the next meeting of the IGF. More details about the MAG can be
found in the MAG Terms of Reference.

(iv) MAG members are expected to attend two to three MAG meetings in
Geneva, Switzerland, in addition to the annual IGF meeting. They should
participate actively in the preparatory process throughout the year,
through engagement in the online multilateral dialogue among MAG members.

(v) MAG meetings are open to intergovernmental organisations."

As per my role to liaise between the Best Bits list and the Civil Society
Coordination Group on delivering the suggested names from the esteemed
BestBits members, I would like to encourage those who nominated themselves
or have been nominated to the IGF 2016 MAG to share their names on this
list.

So far we have
- Jeremy Malcolm
- Renata Aquino Ribeiro

As we get more information about the selection process, more nominees and
community endorsement, it would be good to give a week for nominees toward
closing date of the application to introduce themselves to the community.

Best wishes,

Nadira Al Araj
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nadiraaraj

This