[bestbits] 2 more days left to endorse nominees to MAG2016

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 20:06:00 EST 2016

Dear Nadira

I am trying to gather some of the comments I received in my email but
I take it another route may be better.

* About the candidates group
I subscribe to the view of many here that all candidates are great
(and I'm thankful for those who included me in this view). This was my
first time applying to a major IG venue participation and it's
interesting to find myself in such a group of people who I've learned
from a lot by following their participation in IG debates. We all know
that the UN will now continue with the process so that brings me to
another point.

* Endorsements etc.
I was worried about some endorsements I've received in my email as
they are not from organizations participating in IGC. Some, also, in
Portuguese. I realize English is the language for the majority of the
list and there are also other barriers (perhaps cultural) that keeps
groups such a "tech collective" in the Amazon to participating here.
However, I do hope in time to increase access of such groups to the IG
debate and hopefully, with all contributions, we may find our way
about this.

So here's to hoping the process continues smoothly and I'm thankful to
everyone for the participation

All the best

Renata