[bestbits] Open call for brilliant people interested in cyber policy training and advocacy

Daniela Schnidrig daniela at gp-digital.org
Fri Jan 15 04:19:38 EST 2016

Dear all,

I’m pleased to share with you a very exciting opportunity.

We have just launched a new Cyber Capacity Building Programme
<http://www.gp-digital.org/gpd-update/gpd-launches-new-global-programme-to-foster-more-inclusive-cyber-policies/>,
aimed at making cyber policy-making processes more inclusive. Please see
below the *open call
<http://www.gp-digital.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/OpenCall_CCB.pdf> for
experts to join the Advisory Board* and help shape the training component
of the programme.

If you are interested, contact me at daniela at gp-digital.org *before 29
January* telling us why you’d like to get involved.

Please feel free to share with anyone who might be interested, and don’t
hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions. We look forward to
hearing from you!

Best,

----

*Open call:*

*Are you a cyber policy expert with an interest in human rights?*

If so, get in touch ­ we’re looking for people like you to help shape an
exciting new programme aimed at making cyber policy­making processes around
the world more inclusive.

You can read a full programme description here
<http://www.gp-digital.org/gpd-update/gpd-launches-new-global-programme-to-foster-more-inclusive-cyber-policies/>,
but ­ in a nutshell ­ we’ll be working with partners in Africa, Asia and
South America to build civil society capacity in cyber debates at the
national, regional and global level. A key component will be a training
initiative for up to 50 civil society actors, helping them improve their
advocacy skills and develop a stronger understanding of cyber policies.
This is where you come in.

*The Board *

To help develop and deliver the training component of the programme, we’re
looking to put together an Advisory Board of up to ten independent cyber
experts and practitioners. Board members will work on a range of activities
related to the training programme, including mentoring participants and
building a curriculum. Participation will be voluntary and all meetings
conducted virtually. You can find out more in the Terms of Reference
<http://www.gp-digital.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/CCBABTermsofReferenceV2.0.pdf>

<http://www.gp-digital.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/CCBABTermsofReferenceV2.0.pdf>

*Who we’re looking for... *

To ensure a diverse range of voices, applications are open to candidates
from all over the world, with cyber experts from the global South
particularly encouraged to apply. Ultimately, what we’re looking for is
brilliant people, but some more concrete criteria include:

●  Expertise in different aspects of cybersecurity (e.g. technology,
cybersecurity, cybercrime, human rights, cyber warfare/ international peace
and security)

●  Experience in developing and delivering training

●  Experience in advocacy

●  Understanding of policy issues specific to Africa, Asia and South America

If the above sounds like you, drop an email to Daniela Schnidrig (daniela at gp
­digital.org) by Friday 29 January, telling us why you’d like to get
involved. We’ll also be happy to answer any questions you might have. And
please feel free to share this call with anyone who might be interested!

The applications will be reviewed by GPD according to the above criteria.
We will be getting in touch with successful applicants in early February
with the aim of getting the Board up and running by the second week in
February.

--
*We've moved!* Our new address is Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street,
London, E1 5JL

*Daniela Schnidrig*
Project Manager | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)203 818 3258 | M: +44 (0)7543 146138 | Skype: daniela.globalpartners

gp-digital.org