[bestbits] TIME TO SING ON - NOTE - NEW INITIATIVE - GLOBAL CONNECT

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:53:46 EDT 2015

Hi everybody,

(sorry for cross-posting, but time is short)

The US, with support from a series of other countries, are launching a new
initiative to spur access to internet called Global Connect. With the help
of some from here we have written a statement that will soon be put up for
signatures at the Best Bits platform.

You can read it here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q4QTeD0Ejl-yRK0GUke4vNBqx42n6E82yyyvdnTa1vE/edit?usp=sharing

And if you are willing, you are welcome to sign on there. I can later move
your signature to the BB platform.

I kindly ask you to take a look at it and decide if your organization can
support it. I will send to the Department of State tomorrow and a couple of
folks who will be present in the launch this Sunday will present it during
the audience participation time of the event.

Here a short press-release PK published yesterday:
https://www.publicknowledge.org/press-release/public-knowledge-welcomes-state-department-initiative-to-expand-broadband-deployment-to-the-world

If you are based in NY and want to go to the event, see details for RSVP
below.

More details below.

Best, Carolina

--