[bestbits] [governance] US Support for Multistakeholder Governance is Conditional on US Remaining in Control

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Tue Oct 20 11:18:53 EDT 2015

On 20 October 2015 1:45:07 pm GMT+01:00, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<suresh at hserus.net> wrote:
>Come on, folks.  Asking a fairly ambiguous question, getting an equally
>ambiguous answer and then making a mountain out of a molehill just to
>score a point doesn’t sound like a very productive way to go.

Dear Suresh,
Could you please point out the ambiguity in the questions and suggest
how we could rephrase it to avoid that ambiguity the next time we ask
it?  Thanks.

The question was:
The technical stability of the DNS doesn't depend on the jurisdiction of
ICANN.  Will the US Congress support a shift in jurisdiction?  And will
there be a continued support for the multistakeholder model if the
jurisdiction shifts?

The transcript for the meeting will be provided soon:
https://meetings.icann.org/en/dublin54/schedule/tue-ncuc

Regards,
Pranesh