[bestbits] CALL FOR ENDORSEMENTS - Cross-community WSIS10 statement

Lea Kaspar lea at gp-digital.org
Fri Nov 13 13:51:05 EST 2015

Dear friends,

For those of you at the IGF, I hope you're enjoying your last day in Brazil!

Over the past few days, colleagues from the technical community have led on
an effort to draft *a short 1-page statement with key priorities* shared
across non-governmental stakeholders to be fed back to the WSIS10 Review
process in NY. The idea behind the statement is *to reinforce our common
messages* - it does not preclude additional independent or joint
interventions/comments.

The statement has already received broad support from the technical and the
business communities as well as a number of CS colleagues (see below). It
is *now open for additional organisational endorsements until 6PM today
local time (Brazil).* If you would like to endorse (and have not already
done so), please let me know *by 6PM today* and share *your organisational
logo* copying in Constance from ISOC (Constance Bommelaer <
bommelaer at isoc.org>).

Further organisational and individual endorsements will be solicited via
the webpage where the statement will be posted shortly. Watch this space.

Best wishes,
Lea

---

Organisational CS endorsements so far:

   - Internet Democracy Project, India
   - Global Partners Digital, UK
   - Public Knowledge, US
   - ICT Watch, Indonesia
   - Bytes for All, Pakistan
   - Horizontal, Mexico
   - Law Life Culture, Bangladesh
   - Center for Democracy & Technology, US
   - CIPESA, Uganda

---

*Lea Kaspar*

Head of Programmes and International Policy | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL

Development House, 56–64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT

T: +44 (0)20 7549 0337 | M: +44 (0)7583 929216 | Skype: l.kaspar

gp-digital.org