[bestbits] Fw: [governance] EOI for Independent Chair for the Civil Society Coordination Group (CSCG)

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Fri Nov 20 03:43:08 EST 2015

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder about this – we are looking for nominations by Sunday.

And perhaps an explanation – I really believe it is time I should step down from this, because it is important that someone more intimately involved with the range of civil society activities takes over. I find more and more, because I don’t travel to a lot of northern hemisphere meetings, I am dealing with people I have not had the opportunity to meet, and I think it is better someone more active at these meetings take over.

I am more than happy to undertake some role to work with or assist whoever takes over, if that would help. I am also happy to make myself available if anyone wants to talk to me about this privately.

CSCG has begin to earn the trust of a number of outside bodies, not only IGF, in putting forward names of civil society speakers and representatives for various organisations and events. I think it is important that this role continue, and I ask that you give serious consideration to making sure a suitable person comes forward.

Details below.

Many Thanks,

Ian Peter