[bestbits] Meeting before the IGF?

Shahzad Ahmad shahzad at bytesforall.pk
Sat Jun 27 16:24:53 EDT 2015

Folks,

I thought that important event re WSIS+10 are:

- July Consultation (NY)
- October Consultation (NY)
- Global IGF-Consultation (Brazil); and

then

WSIS+10 event in NY.

So time is really short to plan towards NY.

We already had a small meeting on WSIS on the sidelines of Jakarta
process and did plan a few activities there. However, once Dr. Anja is
back online, we will discuss it further and share with you about our
plans for Asia consultation. If plans for this go ahead and there is
interest at BB, we can have annual meeting there.

In my opinion, one day BB meeting is not enough time and pre-IGF one day
is becoming difficult to attend for many. We now see that there are
quite a few pre-IGF events happening and last year also many of us had
to skip BB.

Suggest that there is stand alone at least two days for BB for proper
strategic planning. In terms of funds, am sure several of us
contributing for this purpose can make it happen. What do you think?

Best wishes and regards
Shahzad