[bestbits] Meeting before the IGF?

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Sat Jun 27 13:22:55 EDT 2015

Dear Jeremy and all

I agree with Shahzad.. we could think about this. APC is also planning
to have WSIS consultations at the LAC and African IGFs.

So NY before the next WSIS+10 consultation is a good idea. But the WSIS
and IGF civil society communities are not identical, and might not have
the same concerns.

Let's keep thinking. NY would certainly require funding whereas a
meeting at the IGF could take place more easily as many people would
already have planned their travel to the IGF. The expense of an extra
day/night accommodation is easier to manage.

We can have WSIS on this event's agenda as well even if there won't be
much time left for inputs.

Anriette