[bestbits] BREAKING: Data Retention bill in Paraguay rejected

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at eff.org
Fri Jun 5 05:06:27 EDT 2015

There were many pieces of the campaign, being the letter, just one of them.

The goal of the letter was to provide support to the local group on their credibility. They were demanding what it was in the letter but they were attack by local prosecutors and others. The international support helps them to let the govt know that this is not only a local issue but a global problem, and they are not alone.

We also do it for creating additional press news (we got nice shout out in the press).

Finally as I said, there were many other pieces of the campaign such as the mobilization on twitter (which the politicians refers to that during the Senate debate) etc..and the lobbying and the media appearances and etc..