[bestbits] Draft joint statement on European Parliament IGF resolution

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Feb 14 04:00:30 EST 2015

Hi Erik

I can fully understand and appreciate your particular point and focus,
from the vantage you are looking it from.

On my part, I just used a particular element of the process to make a
rather different point, which remains a very important one in
international IG discourse.

Please also see inline.

On Saturday 14 February 2015 02:17 PM, JOSEFSSON Erik wrote:
> Dear parminder,
>
> It does not mean much in terms of content that an amendment tabled by
> a political group with ~7% of the seats in the EP does not get a majority.

Just eager; which political group is this, becuase I do consider the
amendment proposal to be very sane.

> Happens all the time.

Maybe it happens. Nonetheless I am concerned that the majority actually
rejected a proposal for explicitly making MS models democratically
accountable. It says something to me, which I am troubled with.

parminder