[bestbits] Fwd: Fwd: [global-nn] Facebook urging its users to fight NN in India - sign-on letter

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 07:06:29 EST 2015

TRAI called for comments, it is covered by Reuters, The Hindu, Indian
Express and other news reports that do not feature a link to the comments
page. The comment page is not easy to locate on the TRAI website either.
The home page is cluttered and badly organized. The titles to the
consultation papers are not easy to understand for the common man, and when
the link to the comment is identified, it leads to a log in page that
requires a new user registration which, on submission, returns a server
error page, and on resubmission it says please check your email for
confirmation which is not there, many might have walked past these
difficulties and submitted their comments, but certainly not an optimal way
to consult the people. The design of the webpage is either careless or
perhaps thoughtfully so designed to restrain the circle of consultation.

Perhaps the Software Law Center could identify web designers to help TRAI
design a comments platform?