[bestbits] Platforms consultation: EDRi tool helps responding

Maryant Fernández maryant.fernandez-perez at edri.org
Fri Dec 18 06:12:34 EST 2015

Dear all,

The European Commission launched a public consultation on the role of
“Internet platforms”
<http://edri.limequery.org/index.php/346935/lang-en>. Its outcome will
become the basis for new EU legislative proposals on online law
enforcement, data protection, privacy, open data and copyright. These
are likely to have an impact internationally, so this is a chance to
shape EU policy!

Therefore, in EDRi we have devoted a lot of efforts to set up an online
tool [1] which contains the European Commission's questions and our
"answering guide":
http://edri.limequery.org/index.php/346935/lang-en

The consultation is biased
<https://edri.org/files/Platforms_consultation_EDRi_comments.pdf> in
many occasions, which makes it more important to gather as many
Tips:
- You don’t have to answer every question (apart from the mandatory
questions on the first page)
- We have colour-coded the questions (green for general questions; red
for data protection...). So, if data protection is the only issue that
you’re interested in, just click through the guide and answer the
questions tagged as “data protection”.
- The consultation is very long. You have the option to save your
answers and continue later.
- You can respond as an individual or as an organisation
- If you want to submit your response via our tool
<http://edri.limequery.org/index.php/346935/lang-en>, please use it
before 24 December, 23:59. You can also respond directly through the
Commission's website until 31 December:
https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/Platforms/

We hope you find this useful.

Best regards,
Maryant
[1] with technical support from Mozilla

--
Maryant Fernandez Perez
Advocacy Manager

Tel: +32 2 274 25 70
PGP: D59A 1D3F 50CC 231B DCFE 3F2C 92FA 6F29 3D74 0B42

Donate to EDRi! https://edri.org/donate/

Subscribe to the EDRi-gram, our fortnightly roundup of digital rights
news! http://edri.org/newsletters/