[bestbits] [governance] Fwd: [Rigf_discuss] [Extended Deadline: Apr 7(Tue)] APrIGF Macao 2015 - Last Chance to Submit Your Workshop Proposals

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Fri Apr 3 06:09:09 EDT 2015

It's true that public interest has a variable geometry. In my mind it's
defined by a democratic decision within the relevant public.

As to multistakeholderism, it can certainly mean that discussions should
occur between various parties having some stakes in issues at hand (then,
what's new, it's been practiced for eons). But no more.

Decision making by so called consensus (i.e. no objection) may work in
exceptional conditions. Else rules are needed for handling persistent
disagreements.

Multistakeholderism pushed as a management model without decision making
rules is a variety of scam (aka multi-steak-holdup).
  .
Louis
- - -