[bestbits] Debunking eight myths about multi-stakeholderism

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Tue Apr 28 00:36:25 EDT 2015

I didn't intend my remarks as a criticism of your "eight myths", not
at all. As I said it was a good read.

I was simply trying to extend the ideas towards some sort of working
process.

I agree that in different contexts there may be different details.

But one model in one context would be a good start.

That's not your responsibility of course, I mean from the community.

For example how does one define an enfranchised stakeholder?

Not in broad ideological terms (anyone with a stake!), but how
specifically does one get recognized at "the table"?

How does a specific individual claiming to represent NGOs or telephone
companies or hospitals or vampire-killers (surely stakeholders) etc
get recognized, vetted, and enfranchised?

I've seen a few governance organizations cited as multi-stakeholder.

How do they enfranchise their stakeholders?

  -Barry Shein

From: Jeremy Malcolm <jmalcolm at eff.org>