[bestbits] Call for making the IGF permanent

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 3 08:36:28 EDT 2014

Pranesh, I think you are voicing concerns that we have heard from both
govt and business.  Frankly, we are asking for a ten year stable
mandate, not "permanence" to enable long range projects and investment.
WE do not want to go back begging for a renewal in five years.  We are
unlikely to be able to establish a permanent body at the UN, but we can
do a lot to stabilize and strengthen the IGF using this approach.
Thanks
Stephanie Perrin