[bestbits] Call for making the IGF permanent

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Mon Sep 1 09:14:23 EDT 2014

On Sep 1, 2014, at 2:18 PM, Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> wrote:

> when I suggested yesterday that we should ask for the IGF to become permanent I referred to the specific discussion we had about the number of years.
>
> However, I don't see any problems with asking for also strengthening the IGF. We have by now several more or less consensual ms documents that support such a position, not least the NetMundial statement.

Please jump on the pad if you can improve the current text which presently reads:

"We call for the establishment of the IGF as a permanent multistakeholder forum within the framework of the UN, that should be reformed and strengthened."

https://etherpad.mozilla.org/NnbQgXIv8Y (at line 326)

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst