[bestbits] Call for making the IGF permanent

Anja Kovacs anja at internetdemocracy.in
Mon Sep 1 06:08:09 EDT 2014

The way I understood it, the unanimity at the Best Bits meeting was for a
permanent IGF that would be reformed and strengthened. Simple permanence
seemed considerably more controversial - or did I misunderstand that?

A statement across stakeholder groups saying the former could be very
powerful, I agree. Jeanette, can you maybe clarify whether this is what is
intended, or whether that statement would simply advocare for permanence
instead?

Thanks,
Anja