[bestbits] Closing Ceremony

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Sep 5 05:50:49 EDT 2014

Best wishes Burcu

This is late in coming, but connecting IG to your area of work directly,
you may want to say something about how allocation of .health tld to a
group that talks about 'safe drugs' which as you know is also US
pharma's code word for US IP law complaint drugs impacts access to
health and medicines related rights of people...

The owners of the .health are going to actually police this tld and it
wont be just an open tld that anyone can use.... This is a big set back
to public interest in this area, which highlights why ICANN requires
public interest oversight, which is really effective and which related
to global public interest..

parminder