[bestbits] [governance] Call for making the IGF permanent

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Thu Sep 4 09:10:02 EDT 2014

Please, I was suggesting UNGA kick IGF around every 10 years, not every 5 ; )

As 5 is old news and no 'concession' from anyone, I do not see that as a plausible fallback. So recognizing 10 is what "UN GA would do that for us" is a bad strategy because??

Seems like an opportunity to simultaneously make additional demands on transparency and accountability. Of course, as ICANN has just taught us yet again, not all transparency and accountability processes were created equal, so details will matter. But in any case 10 with (some more) accountability and transparency is  better than infinite without.

Lee