[bestbits] IMPORTANT: World Economic Forum and The-Initiative-Formerly-Known-As-NETmundial

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Sep 4 03:25:14 EDT 2014

Hi Deborah, I can answer this -

We need to put out a call for candidates ( if we are going to) on Friday
(tomorrow) - no later. This is partly because for the next few days many
people will be travelling so we do need to get underway and close off
nominations about September 9-10.

Originally, we were asked to provide final selection of candidates by about
Wednesday next week - clearly an impossibility. We have negotiated a
deadline till September 21 to submit names, but will need all that time to
collate names from various coalitions and make selections.

So really we need to decide whether to participate by tomorrow. - (or
alternatively begin a selection process while we decide whether we are going
to engage or not, which would be messy).

I hope this deadline helps to get some comments!

Ian