[bestbits] Time-sensitive: 24 hour sign on period for ITU Plenipot joint recommendations

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Oct 23 07:17:29 EDT 2014

Many thanks, Anne, for your detailed response and explanation.

I would like to hereby request permission review the archive. I'm
willing to promise to not disclose or discuss with any third parties
any information of the kind that you have referred to below as being
sensitive and the reason for not having a fully open archive, unless
and until said information also becomes available to me through some
other channel (such as e.g. WCITleaks.) [Nota bene my willingness to
agree in this particular situation to such a non-disclosure commitment
should not be read as an agreement in principle to some BestBits type
processes being less than fully open. It's just because I don't intend
to start a general public discussion of that issue of openness at the
current point in time.]

In case an introduction is needed: I'm a German citizen, living in
Switzerland since a long time, and I'm an advocate for human rights and
Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). I've participated in many Internet
governance related discourses since a long time, for example as a
participant in the DRUMS working group at IETF which led to RFCs 2821
and 2822, as a participant of the first two BestBits meetings (but not
the most recent one), as the initiator of the process that led to the
formation of the Civil Society Coordination Group (CSCG), and more
recently as a co-convenor of the Just Net Coalition (JNC).

Greetings,
Norbert