[bestbits] [governance] FW: [discuss] JNC statement on WEF's Net Mundial Initiative

Daniel Pimienta pimienta at funredes.org
Tue Nov 18 09:54:42 EST 2014

At 10:28 18/11/2014, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
>No, you've been accused of being a dick.  If JNC wants to further
>isolate itself from other civil society factions, cementing the
>perception that it can't work with anyone else who doesn't share its
>political ideology, then you're going about it in exactly the right
>way.  Screwing your civil society colleagues has been JNC modus
>operandi from day 1.  Personally it's not the way I prefer to work.

As one of the 33 CSOs members of JNC (plus 24 individual members) you
are adressing in your mail, after checking in a dictionnary the
meaning of "being a dick" (an expession I read for the first time on
my life in a discussion list), I want to insure you I do prefer to be
considered as a "dick" by people like you who pretend to impose the
"way they prefer to work" (as well as the way they prefer to express,
which is an obvious part of the way they prefer to work), than enter
in contradiction with the way I perceive what is just and correct as
a civil society player. You are making my endorsment to the reference
statement still stronger.

This personal reaction to your mail has not been coordinated nor
discussed with any of my JNC colleagues.
The same with my decision to unsubscribe from the bestbit listserv
after sending that mail.

Daniel Pimienta
FUNREDES

believed to be clean.