[bestbits] UPDATE ON CIVIL SOCIETY PARTICIPATION IN NET MUNDIAL INITIATIVE

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Mon Nov 17 18:09:22 EST 2014

My 2 cents, using a poker-playing metaphor:

This feels like a  case where it may be best to take a seat at the table; just in case.

Since chairs at preset tables which started without cs are more difficult to move.

Now once at the table, who is bluffing and ready to fold and walk away asap if the NMI hand is not attractive on closer examination; and who sees this as  either a big deal or a waste of time - need not be clear in this zero stage.?

So I'll cautiously say why not do the CSCG thing.

Especially since the I*groups save ICANN, and JNC are taking a pass this time or at this stage.  And oh yeah Rousseff was just reelected; whatever her Petrobras headaches it likely won't hurt to have a BRIC head of state as a patron of...the art of this next game? : )

Lee