[bestbits] new BB statement - reflections on NM

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri May 2 13:44:22 EDT 2014

Honestly if you are saying this then I think we may have missed the
advantage that NETMundial brought.

For me I think NETMundial was an avenue where respective stakeholder made
their concern known and also got an almost immediate response from the
other stakeholder that has different view of the same subject. You cannot
over emphasis benefits of such an environment; especially towards creating
a widely acceptable language on various topics of discussion. I feel this
was what that section was trying to address and I really don't view it as
marketing words and even if they were marketing I think it will be towards
getting other stakeholders to voice out their concerns with the aim of
producing a roughly and widely acceptable statement.
The Era of us writing a long  statement to government about our concern and
receiving a short response of "... we will discuss this" OR "... we will
work on it" is over! We need 2-way communication on real-time basis in
other to achieve actionable results!

My few cents.

Cheers!

sent from Google nexus 4