[bestbits] Re: [governance] Alternatives?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Mar 6 12:50:59 EST 2014

On 06-Mar-14 17:32, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global Journal wrote:
> Avri saying that outside of its territory a country was losing its
>   sovereignty, and therefore no Democracy could have a say outside of
> its territory...

While I say that Sovereignty is limited to within borders, I did not say
that democracy is limited to borders.

It is not the nation that confers democracy. It is a right, and it is a
right that most all countries have accepted by virtue of covenant,
despite the variable ways in which they deliver on their promise.

In fact I define the multistakeholder model of participatory democracy
as one form of democracy that extends beyond the sovereign border.

avri