[bestbits] Draft joint letter on deliberative democratic processes for the Brazil meeting

Anja Kovacs anja at internetdemocracy.in
Thu Jan 30 23:40:23 EST 2014

Dear Jeremy,

Thanks for this initiative, +1 from us. Please add the Internet Democracy
Project to the signatories.

The only small quibble I have is that the one reference to the IGF that is
maintained (I read the conversation about this on the summit list)
continues to read a little awkwardly. I've tried to reformulate it in a
more positive way. Maybe an alternative for the first sentence of the
second para could be the following?

*As the Brazil meeting's organisers are free to experiment with such
procedures, an important opportunity to achieve these objectives and to
thus transcend the constraints of the IGF in particular, caused by its
location within the UN system, now exists. *
Thanks and best,
Anja

Dr. Anja Kovacs
The Internet Democracy Project