APOLOGY Re: [bestbits] Shortlists for Brazil for further consideration

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Jan 9 02:42:31 EST 2014

Carolina,

please accept my personal apologies for this as the wording was entirely inappropriate. I was trying to provoke a discussion on ensuring that we were encompassing all viewpoints and including strong advocacy, but in the process made suggestions as to your personal involvement in issues which were inaccurate.

I can only tell you, if it helps, that my inaccuracies (of which there were several on re-reading, and other apologies are due as well including Joana and Marilia) were bound to be picked up by others in the group and challenged, and nothing in my personal comments should be taken as representative of any organisation or group involved. I own my own words.

Any suggestion by me, which can be inferred by my poorly chosen words, that only one or two of the candidates under consideration are capable of presenting third world issues and advocating on their behalf, is entirely inappropriate and for this I apologise.

Ian Peter