[bestbits] Re: [CoNE-elist 679] Re: Open Letter by Indian civil society organizations to the Chair of the 'MMFIG' being held in Brazil, April, 2014

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Feb 24 06:21:44 EST 2014

In the current circumstances, I think it is best that one of the three
civil society members of the High Level Committee (HLC) should be picked
up as civil society co-chair... All the three HLC  members came through
a civil society nomination process. This is what got done in the case of
academic community co chair.. One of three HLC academic community
members - Jeanette
- was picked as academic community co chair.

It will be good if the major civil society networks can support the
letter from India civil society, and together propose the above way to
go forward....

Whatever we do needs to be done fast, in the next 2-3 days..

Can the respective coordinators etc take up the task..

thanks

parminder