[bestbits] Chair of Civil Society Coordination Group

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Tue Aug 26 00:41:07 EDT 2014

Everyone,

I just want to say I am touched by the level of support expressed by members here for me to continue as Chair of the Internet Governance Civil Society Co-ordination Group. The members have now confirmed my appointment until September 2016.

I can only say that I will do my utmost to ensure that all civil society voices are heard, respected, and included. I know that the group of people representing the various coalitions who are part of this group as voting members feel the same about this, and by working together I believe we can enhance the presence and effectiveness of civil society in internet governance – while maintaining separate stances on issues where we feel differently.

Thank you – I will do my best to justify the endorsement you have given me.

Ian Peter