[bestbits] Post-processing of Multistakeholder Statement

JOSEFSSON Erik erik.josefsson at europarl.europa.eu
Mon Apr 28 01:06:48 EDT 2014

First I want to say thanks for sharing so much information and energy on this list. I feel lucky to have subscribed in time to get some of the action! :-)

I just thought I should ask, as there was a preparatory text with lots of stuff that was lost in the final stages, maybe the same team could make a posteriori text where some of those things could be made visible?

For example, this 'information paragraph' could maybe have been more balanced if another reference than "the rights of authors and creators" had been used, maybe like this*:

    Freedom of information and access to information:
    Everyone should have the right to access, share, create and distribute
    information on the internet, consistent with the UN International
    Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.

Then you could make a diff and visualise it like this:

http://euwiki.org/w/index.php?title=Sandbox%2FNETmundial-post-processing&diff=16663&oldid=16662

I ask because would the Multistakeholder Statement have been a proposal from the Commission, the Parliament would have made amendments to it in exactly that fashion.

Best regards.

//Erik

*) I boldly copy from Ante Wessel's work on the ICESCR: http://people.ffii.org/~ante/copyright/Wessels-copyright-ICESCR-2014.pdf