[bestbits] Surveillance paragraph of netmundial document

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 08:02:09 EDT 2014

I don't know whether that would make it an IG issue or not, but I think it
still is legitimate and even maybe strategically necessary for civil
society engaged in IG, to the extent they are concerned with a policy
problem that is enabled by the internet and can be constrained by internet
policy, to discuss and develop proposals in IG space in order to help
address that problem in its proper space. Unless the problem space (here
national security law) offers the same opportunity for CS to prepare and
provide inputs.

 It's just a practical and opportunity problem. Of course everybody in the
IG space does not have to be involved in that discussion.
Thanks