[bestbits] Fwd: NETmundial / "Lines To Take" to be adopted by the Council of the EU

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:09:44 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrea Glorioso <andrea at digitalpolicy.it>
Date: Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Subject: NETmundial / "Lines To Take" to be adopted by the Council of the EU
To: Andrea Glorioso <andrea at digitalpolicy.it>

Dear all,

a few of you had asked me about the discussions in the Council of the EU
(EU Member States) concerning the forthcoming NETmundial meeting.

The Council of the EU has published the latest (and, unless there are any
last-minute hiccup, last) draft position of the Council online.

You can find it at
http://register.consilium.europa.eu/doc/srv?l=EN&f=ST%208665%202014%20INIT .

A few observations:

- this document will go to the COREPER (the Committee of Permanent
Representatives [of Member States to the EU]) on 16 April 2014, for
approval.

- the content of the document is prepared by the rotating EU Presidency
(Greece)  on the basis of discussions with, and inputs from, EU Member
States. The European Commission and the European External Action Service
may be consulted (and we were in this case) mostly to make sure that the
positions would not contradict the EU *acquis*.

Although I am of course free to share public information with third
parties, I'd like to avoid needless "institutional frictions", which would
just make me lose time and energies.

Therefore I'd appreciate, in case you wanted to further share this
information, if you could avoid mentioning my name - which is anyway
unnecessary, given that the Council of the EU has publicly posted this
information.

I hope this is of interest / help.

Best,

Andrea

I speak only for myself. Sometimes I do not even agree with myself. Keep it
in mind.
Twitter: @andreaglorioso
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andrea.glorioso
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=1749288&trk=tab_pro

--
*Carolina Rossini*
*Project Director, Latin America Resource Center*