[bestbits] Letters from Indian Civil Society organisations to the Chair of NetMundial regarding appointment of civil society co-chair

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Thu Apr 10 11:48:51 EDT 2014

I obviously (writing in my personal capacity, not representing anyone)
agree with Anriette.

I respect the internal divergences and political struggles within India,
but this "war on Chaturvedi" got out of proportion, particularly because
the locus of concrete decisions regarding NETmundial is *not* in the
meeting's chairship. A "war", incidentally, which I did not see when she
was appointed to the MAG, but then it might have happened and escaped me.

As the issue seems to be recurrent now, I am really concerned our
excellent and combative CS reps from India might take this as *the*
issue in the scant two days we will have in Sampa.

Prioritize, please!

fraternal regards

--c.a.