[bestbits] IG on the 24th HRC session

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Sep 20 12:20:02 EDT 2013

On Friday 20 September 2013 09:38 PM, William Drake wrote:
> And wow, what a group it is!

Similar sentiment may be expressed when the US issues statements about
open, transparent and multistakeholder Internet governance, when it
conducts much of its real Internet governance in non-transparent,
non-inclusive manner - be it internally in the US, in terms of
Washington- Silicon valley relationships, or even internationally, in
TPP or ACTA kind of agreements. Why do those hypocritical statements by
the US get so enthusiastically lapped up by much of civil society....
Sure, criticise the line up of countries issuing this, otherwise
excellent, statement, but please do make the same distinction when, as
they say, the shoe is on the other foot....

parminder