[bestbits] URGENT: Need 2 Reps of CSO for HLLM / pre-IGF 2013

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Sep 18 04:13:10 EDT 2013

Hi Donny

Thanks for sharing this interesting document.  Would it be possible to have a little information about it origins and development, e.g. who wrote it, to what extent it was vetted with the participating governments and stakeholders, etc?  It reads very similarly to material the Chinese government has had circulated at prior IGFs.  Personally, I'm not entirely sure it's accurate to say that "all Internet communities have a common perception and concern in building safe, peace and harmony in cyberspace" [sic], that there is a "necessity to harmonize national laws" regarding appropriate speech and behavior, etc., but I guess we will see...

Understanding the process and thinking behind the proposed declaration would be helpful in identifying CS representatives and related activities.

Best,

Bill

On Sep 18, 2013, at 7:21 AM, Donny B.U. <dbu at donnybu.com> wrote:

> Dear fellows,
>
> straight to the point,
>
> one day prior IGF2013, which is 21 October 2013, there will be the High Level Leaders Meeting (HLLM). Therefore:
>
> 1. we have to submit 2 (two) names from global CSOs representative to become panelist, together with representatives from private (probably: Google and Indonesian Telkom), gov (probably: china and US) and technical community (probably: APNIC and ISOC). each panelist will have about 5 minutes to share and/or give comment about the topic and presentation.
>

> please kindly help me to decide and propose 2 names from CSOs, to be submitted to the HLLM committee, as soon as possible not more than tomorrow. because the HLLM formal invitation will be start to distribute on friday.
>
> Sorry such a hurry, because I just received the draft of term of reference by yesterday night. I attached the TOR here. please consider the TOR as limited (not for redistributed).
>

> 2. for you that want to attend the HLLM, please send email to anisa at igf2013.or.id (cc: dbu at donnybu.com). the invitation will be come from MCIT.
>

> best regards,
>
> -dbu-
>

> <draft - HLLM TOR Bali Dec- ver10-1.pdf>

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org