[bestbits] IGF plus

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 08:40:48 EDT 2013

The issue with the OECD principles is that it is quite clear that the US
etc. want to make these the basic principles for Internet governance
globally (see the US submission concering the ECWG as Parm has already
pointed to (even though the initial process of affirming these principles
was flawed--CS did not sign on to these in a context where the various
parties in the OECD are insisting that MSism including CS is a necessary
element in OECD legitimation processes.

So, dealing directly with the OECD principles is not a sideshow but rather
going right to the heart of the current drive concerning Internet governance
(at least from a Developed Country/OECD perspective.